Registration Info and Tips for Pueblo El Mirage Club Members
Tournament Registration Reminders:
- If you don't have a pickleballtournaments.com player profile, you need to set one up before the tournament opens. Go to www.pickleballtournaments.com to do this. Be sure to write down your user name and password for future reference.
- If you already have a player profile at pickleballtournaments.com, go in and make sure it's up to date. If you do not have a USAPA UTPR or "Legacy" rating, you grouping will be determined by your self or club rating that you identify on your pickleballtournaments.com player profile. Make sure it's accurate before registrations.
- Event grouping will be based on a player's UTPR (not club rating). However, there are no override restrictions on this tournament, so if you chose to play higher than your UTPR or lower in age, you may do so. You may not play lower than your UTPR or higher in age.
- To ensure you get the Pueblo El Mirage club discount, you need to identify that "Pueblo El Mirage" is your club from the "drop-down" list when you update your player profile. Note: There are two places you identify your club name; the entry with the drop-down selection is the one that links up to your registration.
- You must be a current member of USAPA to sign-up for the tournament. If you do not have a membership, or your membership expires before or during the tournament, you need to renew It NOW! Here's the link: https://www.usapa.org/membership-renewal/. Do not wait to the last minute to do this. If you do it on-line it takes only a few minutes. If you do it by mail, it will take too long to get your membership number in time to register for the tournament on Nov 14.
- Be ready at your computer before 7:00 PM on Thursday. It helps if both you and your partner try to secure a spot. Don't worry if you have trouble getting matched up. You will get a message that your partner already has a partner. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know, and I will link you together. Please do not use my personal email for quickest response.
Information for Volunteers
To make our tournament a success we rely on volunteers. If you would like to help out contact the lead for your area of interest or use the on-line contact form on this website and we will link you up.
- Tournament Event Desk - score posting, checking in players, helping at event desk entering scores, assigning courts, etc. Contact Becky Gibbs at PEM-Tournament@hotmail.com.
- Parking - directing parking traffic and providing player shuttle service. Contact Rich Baumann.
- Operations - helping with venue set-up, take-down, filling water containers, and ongoing maintenance during tournament. Contact Rich Baumann.
- Player food and snacks - staffing food both, cutting up bananas and oranges, organizing player snacks, making coffee, helping with Snack Shack. Contact Susan Craig.
- Line Judging - line judge during medal matches. Training provided in advance. Contact Lee Meyer.
- First Aid - Basic First Aid, Defibrillator/AED and 1st Responders to injuries. Contact Doug Gibbs.
- Volunteer at large. Contact Don Williams.